The reaction to Meghan Markle's engagement is in, and it's not pretty. Christopher and Jeanette spend most of the podcast discussing the reaction from a variety of racial perspectives. There's also some chat about the value of identifying as biracial, and a recent piece from the New York Times about a family that adopted and soon after returned a baby they didn't know was black before they met her.
- This whole episode is about perspectives on biracial identity. No need for timestamps this time.
- Hispanic Federation (DONATE)
- Meghan Markle: I'm More Than An 'Other' (Elle)
- Amanda Seales on "Black Girl Magic" (Instagram)
- My Mother Is White, I Am Not: On Being Biracial Without Identity Issues (The Root)
- The Adopted Black Baby, and the White One Who Replaced Her (NY Times)
- Race/Related Newsletter (NY Times)
If you have any feedback, questions, comments, insights, opinions, or other cleverly worded sentences you’d like us to read, send them to email@example.com.
Intro/Outro licensed by AudioNetwork. "Good Time" - Andy Cooper, Pablo Love, Campbell E Browning