The majority of our conversation this week revolves around critical race theory, its origins, its application to Jeanette's research, and representation within the diabetes community - something that Christopher can personally speak to. Finally, Jeanette would have words with anyone who wishes to discredit Congresswoman Maxine Waters or April Ryan with a shoutout to the conversation generated around the #BlackWomenAtWork hashtag.
- Diversity in the Diabetes Online Community (6:00)
- Critical Race Theory (21:15)
- Diversity Dynamics in Mentoring (33:30)
- Maxine Waters and April Ryan (45:00)
- DOColors (Tumblr)
- Critical Race Theory (Wikipedia)
- Bill O’Reilly ridiculed a black congresswoman over her “James Brown wig” (Vox)
- #BlackWomenAtWork: Women Speak Out After Criticism Of Journalist, Congresswoman (NPR)
If you have any feedback, questions, comments, insights, opinions, or other cleverly worded sentences you’d like us to read, send them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Intro/Outro licensed by AudioNetwork. "Good Time" - Andy Cooper, Pablo Love, Campbell E Browning