Jeanette recaps her experience moderating a panel discussing multiracial research and weathering the weather of Boston, Massachusetts. And later Christopher and Jeanette discuss the inadequacies of some self-driving car algorithms and a recent video of white allies using their privilege and their bodies to become accomplices at a public hearing about the shooting of Stephon Clark.
- Intergenerational conversations on multiracial research (4:25)
- Stephon Clark, Accomplices vs. Allies (14:00)
- Self driving cars don't see color (23:00)
- Accomplice vs. Ally and Stephon Clark (Facebook, among other places)
- A new study finds a potential risk with self-driving cars: failure to detect dark-skinned pedestrians (Vox)
- New hate map helps users explore landscape of hate (SPLC)
- Race/Related Newsletter (NY Times)
If you have any feedback, questions, comments, insights, opinions, or other cleverly worded sentences you’d like us to read, send them to email@example.com.
Intro/Outro licensed by AudioNetwork. "Good Time" - Andy Cooper, Pablo Love, Campbell E Browning