Did you watch the White House Correspondents' Dinner? Jeanette did, and one particular moment spoke to her. Later on we discuss Education Secretary Betsy DeVos' commencement speech at Bethune-Cookman University and the tricky dynamic of interracial relationship, fueled in part by the release of the Netflix original series 'Dear White People'.
- Hasan Minhaj at the White House Correspondents' Dinner (17:30)
- Betsy DeVos at Bethune-Cookman University (23:30)
- 'Dear White People', Serena Williams, and interracial relationships (40:00)
- Hasan Minhaj declares journalists the new “minority” at the WHCD (A.V. Club)
- WATCH: Betsy DeVos Speaks Over Torrent Of Boos During Bethune-Cookman Speech (NPR)
If you have any feedback, questions, comments, insights, opinions, or other cleverly worded sentences you’d like us to read, send them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Intro/Outro licensed by AudioNetwork. "Good Time" - Andy Cooper, Pablo Love, Campbell E Browning